The popularity of leather furniture has grown quickly over the last few years. One of the most important reasons is that the price of leather has fallen quite a bit over the years. This makes it more affordable to the average consumer.
More reasons for the popularity are:
1. Leather has the feel and look of elegance. It?s a ?rich? fabric.
2. Leather if properly treated can outlast upholstered furniture four to one.
3. Leather is difficult to puncture. It is soft to the feel.
4. Leather ages well. It may become softer over time.
5. Leather is easy to care for and easier to clean than fabric.
In order to maintain your leather furniture, you must clean it regularly. Dusting or vacuuming on a regular basis will help keep the leather clean. Dust and oil buildup will occur just from daily life and the actual dusting and vacuuming will help reduce the buildup of this dirt.
Leather manufacturers recommend you clean your leather with a mild cleaner. They also suggest you use a protective cream to keep the leather soft. If you do this every four to six months, your leather will stay in good shape for years to come.
If you have questions on the care you need to take of your leather, ask your furniture dealer. Buy good quality leather, provide it with care, and it will last a long time looking elegant.